The Center for Administrative Data Research (CADR) provides leadership and training in the use of administrative data in epidemiologic, health services, and outcomes research. If you are not sure which data will suit your needs, please see the links below for more details about the data sources and the types of research questions they are designed to address.
Data included in the CADR repository:
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP)
- American Hospital Association (AHA)
- IBM® MarketScan® Databases
- United States Renal Data System (USRDS)
Remember to cite appropriate sources when using the data: The Center for Administrative Data Research is supported in part by the Washington University Institute of Clinical and Translational Science grant UL1 TR002345 from the National Center for Advancing Translational Science (NCATS) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Reminder: Data users are not permitted to download or move any data files from the server to another location off of the CADR server. This includes both the original data files and any working data files created from the original data.
The CADR scope of support includes:
- Helping with choosing the appropriate databases
- Providing programming support and data curation service
- Conducting preliminary feasibility queries
- Maintaining data security and confidentiality through data use agreements
- Demonstrating capacity and expertise for grant application
- Training investigators and guiding projects and publications leveraging administrative data.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.